Saturday 27 January 2007

In the beginning

After enjoying New Years Eve spent walking along the coastal path of Cornwall, well 5 miles of it any way, I thought to myself “what could I possibly do that is similar where I live”. Now I live in London. Beautiful coastal paths do not exist here and there is no rugged terrain either. I could always go to the Lake District or find some other beautiful coastal walk and holiday there but I would rather spend my holiday time going across seas (The reason being is the there are so many wonderful places in the world and some of them take a bit of time to get to). So I came up with the (not so new) idea of walking the Thames Path.


Living in London means that I can join the path any time that I like as it’s all within a relatively short train journey away. I can also walk for as long or as short as I like. Okay it might not be rugged but I believe it makes up for that in its beauty and fascinating history.

The plan is to walk the whole of the Thames Path within a year. In total that is 180 miles though I have heard it can be slightly more. The reason I’m keeping this blog is to share some of what I find along the way and maybe help people plan there own trip. I also welcome any advice for my trip as well so if you know of any interesting places to visit along the way or of any events taking place please let me know.

One other thing of note...this is my first ever blog!

No comments:


Thames Barrier